Wednesday, September 26, 2007

reunion blurb and lafayette for purdue fall open

had the family reunion for my grandma's side
got lots of reading done
bought an old metal pipe at the auction (and had a cousin tell me to make sure it wasn't used for its intended purpose)
the next weekend was the purdue fall open
i went to bed fairly early (before 2...) after going to 9 irish and watching a band play (good times) and then hanging out with adrienne a bit after she got off work
got up Really early (8am) so i could get over to the co-rec in time
got all registered, but went to put in my contacts so i didn't have a chance to warm up before they announced pools
did awful in my pools (lost to the 3 easiest guys, including one who i fence every week and have never lost to, but beat one of the top 10 in the tournament) finally started to get into the swing of things after that
for my DEs though, i had to fence chad from the bloomington club (who i fence every week) and then jeremy (from the bloomington club, who beats me every time we fence) so that wasn't terribly exciting
then saber started and i didn't far a whole lot better
i did ok, but i lost to a beginner that i Really shouldn't have, and another guy from our pool withdrew, so i ended up lower in the pools than i would have liked
my first DE was against a newer guy who i beat fairly quickly, but then i had to face steve andrews (who is better than me, but who i should still put up a better fight against than i usually do) and he beat me so that sucked
then i helped direct a foil pool before getting a shower
all in all, not an 'on' day for fencing
but my beer pong later that night was Great, so apparently that was my 'weapon' of the day...
after that adrienne got off work so i picked her up and we went out to the fort and lay out under the stars for a bit so that was cool and then i went to bed, got up, and drove back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home